An Open World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Open World

An Open World was created with the concept of 'free form' role-playing, you can be what you want and who you want freely.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where the Were's Roam [Open!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Starlette

Starlette

Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Empty
PostSubject: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 9:57 am

“Were-bunnies are fierce! Were-bunnies are ferocious! Were-bunnies are dangerous!”, Starlette chanted over and over again softly as she stood in the middle of the meadow. The wind was blowing, causing the wild flowers to tickle at her bare feet and ankles: shoes were for humans, shoes were not for were-bunnies with delicate little feet! Her ice-blue colored dress swayed around her knees as did the dark blue coat she wore over top that hung down just as long.

Starlette closed her eyes, eyelids hiding the bright blue orbs. She inhaled deeply, dragging into her lungs the scents of the world around her. She could smell the meadow she was standing in, the moss and greenery of the forest that surrounded it on three sides, and the river that surrounded it on the forth. She could also smell the leather sashel bag that was laying in the grass next to her filled with all manner of ingredients for potions, as well as the leather bound spell book she carried with her, and various other items. She could smell the various animals that lurked within, including a fox that was nearby stalking a field mouse.

Her bunny ears would twitch slightly as the sounds of the world filled them: it was so peaceful here, and yet it was hardly quiet. She could hear the crickets chirping, hear the mice scurrying around, and hear the soft rustle of grass as the nearby fox stalked its prey. In the distance she would hear the branches rubbing against each other as the wind caused the smaller ones to sway and move, and even further out the river 'roaring' past.

But, despite all of this she tuned it out for a moment, took another deep breath, and continued her chanting; ”Were-bunnies are fierce. Were-bunnies are ferocious! Were-bunnies are dangerous!” In truth she knew she didn't look any of those things, and likely never would: there was something about being a were-bunny that automatically made her look adorable, cute, and very sweet. Still, she needed to grow a back bone, and a friend had told her that chanting this every morning at dawn and every evening at sunset (which was the time it was now) three times over again would help solve this issue.
Back to top Go down
Leighton

Leighton

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 10:44 am

Dark straight hair gently moved in the wind as Leighton as his grey colored eyes caught glimpses of the beautiful nature around him. He could smell the bark on the tall oak trees around him. The sound of the river flowing filled his ears as he walked aimlessly. He didn't really know where he was going, he just wanted to find something to fill his day. Since his Alpha disappeared, he had been alone for months. To the average person, he looked live an average teenager. They didn't know the beast that was hidden inside of the sweet kid.

He moved forward for a while, not sensing anyone in his general area. A few more miles passed and he stopped dead in his tracks. A gentle scent brushed his nose. He closed his eyes and focused on his sense of hearing. What he heard surprised him quite a bit. Something about were-bunnies being fierce? Did Were-bunnies even exist? he couldn't really question it considering he turned into a half wolf. He debated approaching the person. It was a high pitched voice with a female tone, so he guessed it was a young girl. After a few more moments of internal turmoil, he decided on going for it.

Walking like normal, he entered the clearing and onto the meadow. He saw the young girl standing almost exactly in the meadow, clearly enjoying herself. Guessing from what she said, she could probably already knew he was there. He decided on announcing himself from where he was. "Hey, I don't mean you any harm." He spoke at a normal volume, assuming she had similar hearing to him. "I don't mean to interrupt, I just haven't seen another person for quite a long time. May I approach?" He made sure to be polite, as there was no way of telling what kind of person this girl was. He would wait for her response before taking another step. There were many rules in the world of the supernatural, and staying out of others territory was the first step to surviving. She didn't seem dangerous, but it was better to be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Starlette

Starlette

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 10:53 am

A new scent reached her nose as she took another deep breath in: the scent was different, not human but not exactly animal either. It didn't match the normal scents she was used to in this area; though that hardly meant it was a threat. Eyelids fluttered open as her ice-blue colored gaze settled on the male who was now speaking. She would wait until he was finished before her head would tilt very slightly to the left; bunny ears were erect as her curiosity was fully peaked. She took a moment to take in the male before deciding what she wanted to respond with: his body language seemed non-threatening and she couldn't detect any hint of a lie in his voice and words.

”You may approach.”, she spoke as her head straightened back up. Her form remained relax, and yet graceful while being motionless. ”I haven't seen you around here before. What's your name, stranger?”, she asked in a soft voice; one that would sound like delicate wind chimes floating on the breeze.

She took another breath in as the wind blew; it brought with her more of his different scent and this caused her ears and nose to twitch slightly. Perhaps it was a good thing he didn't smell fully like a human – she tended to avoid them given they liked to hunt anything different then them. ”Tell me, why don't you smell human?” Ah yes, Starlette always was forward with her speech: then again, it wasn't like she could hide that she herself wasn't exactly human – her ears were long and stuck out like two sore thumbs. She gently folded her hands in front of her, her body remaining relaxed despite her obvious question.
Back to top Go down
Leighton

Leighton

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:15 am

Her response eased his mind a bit as he walked towards the young girl. Her ears were like that of a bunny, which made him believe her claim to be a were-bunny. That and the fact that her scent was different from those of his kind and humans. "Thanks for letting me talk to you, I haven't met another person for quite some time. My name is Leighton. What's your name?" He asked with the same calm tone that he was known for.

Something about this girl was relaxing and rather refreshing. He had never met another creature like her, so he wasn't sure what she could do. Judging from her second question she obviously had a similar level of smelling that he had. "Well, it's because I am not human. I'm a werewolf." He said as he allowed his eyes to change colors. They glowed a brilliant gold for a few seconds before reverting back to the normal grey color. "I heard you say something about were-bunnies, is that what you are?." He stood a few feet from her, allowing himself to relax fully as he sat on the grass. He had been walking for too long to miss this opportunity to rest.
Back to top Go down
Starlette

Starlette

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:25 am

Leighton; so that was what his name was. It was an interesting name, and she found herself thinking it was rather nice sounding – far better then what her mother had chosen to call her. ”Starlette; or, that's what my family calls me. I prefer just to go by Star though.”, she responded, her nose wrinkling slightly to show her distaste in the name that her parents had chosen to call her. ”I don't know what they were thinking when they named me...”, she added with a whimsical sigh.

Upon seeing Leighton sit down she followed suit; moving from standing to sitting in one lithe and graceful movement. She didn't mind the tall grass, nor the wildflowers: nor even the few insects that crawled around. Unlike most females bugs didn't creep her out, in fact most things didn't. Nature was beautiful in all forms after all.

Her head tilted, this time to the right, as she heard him say that he was a werewolf. It certainly explained the difference in his scent and why – up until he made his eyes momentarily change as he had – he had looked so human. ”Oh. My great uncle was a werewolf.”, she commented offhandedly.

To his question about her being a were-bunny she nodded while smiling. ”Yes, yes I am. My mother was a were-bunny so I was born one: not the best were-creature in my opinion - I'm hardly ferocious or dangerous." She giggled. What about you? Were you born a werewolf?”, she asked curiously while child-like innocent shined in her eyes. Her ears twitched towards the left, the sound of the fox snaring the mouse it had been hunting reaching her ears easily enough: the mouse let out a single squeak before there was a snapping noise that clearly indicated the fox had killed it.
Back to top Go down
Leighton

Leighton

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 3:24 pm

A smile reached across his face when he heard the young girls name. "I think Starlette is a great name, but I'll call you Star." He said as he fiddled a wild flower in his hand. Her note that her great uncle was a werewolf threw him for a loop. "So, technically you have werewolf blood in you? Does that affect you? What breed of werewolf is he?" He stopped himself after realizing how many questions he just asked. "Sorry, I haven't met many of my kind. I'm just really curious." He said looking at the ground as he thought how stupid it was to ask so many questions.

He gathered his confidence back up with a deep breath and listened to what else she said. "I think your unique and one of the nicer people I've met. Believe me when I say ferocious and dangerous isn't a good thing in most situations." His mind flashed back to the the pile of limbs that his parents ended up as. He shook his head slightly to remove the memory from his mind. "I was bitten when I was 12. The Alpha that turned me killed my parents and then disappeared a few years later. I've been alone since." He said as his smile started to fade as the memories flooded to his mind. He struggled to control himself as his eyes flashed gold once again and his claws started to come out. A simple movement of his hand made his claws dig into his hand. A hiss escaped his lips as he took deep breathes. He took a minute to return to his human features.

"Sorry, the memories sometimes trigger my transformation. Pain keeps me human though."
He said now even further embaressed with himself. Everything in his body wanted him to get up and leave, but he just sat there and waited to see what her reaction would be.
Back to top Go down
Starlette

Starlette

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Starlette listened to him speak while remaining silent: she was a patient person when speaking with others, and often allowed them to speak while she simply listened. He asked her questions, and then went on to say that she was one of the most unique people he had ever known: the latter made her smile while the former made her think of how to answer.

However, before she did get a chance to answer he then began to speak about how he became a werewolf; and about his parents. The subject caused a change within him; both his eyes and his fingernails which turned to claws. She was a bunny, for all intents and purposes, and she should have been frightened. In fact, anyone else in her position likely would have been backing away slowly while looking for the nearest hole to hide in. That wasn't Starlette though. Instead of fleeing in terror she instead leaned forward slowly and carefully, extending her hand as she did so. She would place her hand gently on top of his if allowed, while her very being radiated a sort of calmness and peace. ”You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, Leighton. While I can't say that I know how you feel I'm sure enough about this: while your gift started as a something bad, it's up to you to turn it around for good. Do something great with it: and in doing so you avenge your parents deaths.”

She would smile gently then and turn her attention towards her bag as her stomach began to grumble. She would pull the sashel towards herself, open the flap, and dig around past her spell book and other spell and potion ingredients until she found a small bag of fresh carrot sticks that had been previously cut and cleaned by her. She would pull out one and then place the bag between them. ”You can have some if you'd like.”, she would offer before taking a bite of her carrot stick and thinking about his questions he had asked her, but which she had never answered. She chewed quickly and then swallowed.

”You asked about my uncle. I don't know what breed of werewolf he was to be exact: I just know that when he transformed he was massive – like the size of a horse. As far as has it affected me? I suppose in a way. He was an uncle on my father's side, and my father has always said that his magic – and mine – are always stronger around a full moon. Dangerously so when the moon hangs pregnant and full in the sky. I think it's also why my familiar – it's a spirit animal I can call to help protect me – is a massive wolf. It's rather unheard of from what I'm told given wolves eat rabbits. I think it's also why I'm a bit braver then the average bunny. My mom is skittish around strangers at the best of times – and I guess I am too, but only around loud and noisy crowds...” She fell silent then, taking another bite of her carrot stick and realizing she had been rambling on.
Back to top Go down
Leighton

Leighton

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 am

Leighton didn't really know what to say. Star showed bravery and wisdom in the moments that his changed occurred. Most people run at the first sight of that form. Her hand on top of his was a comforting feeling. He hadn't had contact with people in quite some time, so it was relaxing to feel the concern of another. She actually managed to give him a little peace about his future. The more he was around this girl, the more he enjoyed being around her.

"Thanks for your kind words, they help more than you know."
He said with a smile and a nod. She then pulled out some carrots, which he almost laughed at, but decided that was really uncalled for. He then felt bad for his thoughts when she offered him a bite. He leaned over and bit the carrot, leaning back and smiling as he chewed. "Thanks!" He said trying to speak while swallowing the food. It sounded kind of gargled, but he was sure she'd get his message.

A few minutes of eating was followed by Star answering the questions he asked. He was surprised with how much detail she used in her explanation. Most people would be more secretive with a stranger. She did feel trustworthy though, and her heart was steady the entire time. That meant she was telling the truth. What she said blew his mind. She was a witch/werebunny? Her uncle turned into a huge wolf? She could summon a giant wolf as a spirit animal? This girl was just full of surprises! "Wow, that's really cool. I've never met a were-bunny, much less one that's a witch too. That's pretty cool." He said with a genuine expression. "I'm glad you aren't the typical scared little girl type, I'm not great with fighting right now. I haven't done that much of it. So I can't really try to protect anyone, at least not yet." He said as his mind trailed off to the different things he could do with his life.

He refocused and decided he probably needed to let her talk. He didn't want to talk her ear off. He sat back and focused on the light breeze that was keeping him cool.
Back to top Go down
Starlette

Starlette

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am

Starlette smiled and retrieved another carrot stick out of the bag which she took a bite out of and chewed quietly. She thought about his words and giggled softly. ”Well, I'm not really built for physical fighting. I mean... I can change into a full blown rabbit. But, I'm pretty tiny. It's why I put so much of my energy into learning magic as I grew up. My mom's really tiny, and I realized I was going to take after her – so I knew from a pretty young age where my strengths and weaknesses would be.”

A thought then occurred to her, and she tilted her head a bit. ”However.. my dad did teach me the basics of fighting: he used to be a soldier and believed everyone should know how to defend themselves. He said to me 'No daughter of mine is going to go around not knowing how to defend herself, no matter how tiny she may be'. So maybe I could help teach you... in theory at least.”

Starlette finished with her carrot stick, chewed quietly, and then pulled another one out of her bag though she didn't start on it right away. ”I used to love watching him practice, and spar with some of my other family members... it was like watching a bear fight.” She allowed herself to be amused for a moment with the image of it: it had always made her laugh, especially when her father had been sparing against some of the non-human members of her family. They had always gotten so frustrated that he could fight so well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where the Were's Roam [Open!]   Where the Were's Roam [Open!] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where the Were's Roam [Open!]
Page 1 of 1